In Mailchimp, you can add users to your account without providing your personal credentials. This is especially helpful when working with other members of your team to manage your Mailchimp email marketing platform. This tool is a far more secure way to add users with appropriate permission to your account.
Follow these instructions to add a user to your account. The various permissions and what they can do are described on the Mailchimp Invite a User page. The available permissions are;
- Owner: the owner serves as the primary contact for the account. Owners can perform all actions in the account, including inviting new users, editing billing information, and closing the account.
- Admin: the admin has the same permissions as the owner.
- Manager: the manager can create and send campaigns, import audiences, and view reports, but can’t view billing information, export audiences, or close the account.
- Author: the author can create, edit, and delete campaigns and templates, and view reports.
- Viewer: the viewer can view reports in the account.
HOW TO ADD A USER TO MAILCHIMP
- Login to Mailchimp.
- Click your name in the upper right of the screen.
- Click Account.
- Click Account settings then Account users.
- Click Invite a User.
- Add the email address of the person to be added to your account and select the user type (permissions).
- Click Send Invite.
The user you’ve added will now receive an email notifying them that they have access to your account. You may, of course, revoke permissions at any time.